BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn
1177 Madison Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104-2202
Phone: 901/692-9136 | Fax: 901/692-9143 | 32 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 1:00 PM | Online Reservations
Stay at this great Memphis, Tennessee hotel located next to the Southern College of Optometry and the University of Tennessee Medical School.
Whether traveling to Southwestern Tennessee on business or pleasure, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn offers guests friendly customer service at affordable rates. This boutique-style hotel is ideally located less than one mile from the Southern College of Optometry, the University of Tennessee Medical School and the Methodist University Hospital.
Situated in the Medical District, this Memphis hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms complete with cable satellite television with HBO and high-speed Internet access. Guests will wake each morning to a complimentary continental breakfast featuring fresh made waffles before opting to exercise in the fitness center or working in the 24 hour business center.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn is located right on the trolley line offering convenient access to attractions all across Memphis. Less than ten miles away, guests can explore the famous Graceland, wander through the Beale Street Historic District or visit the Memphis Zoo. This Tennessee hotel is also close to the St. Jude's Children's Hospital, Lumitex and the Autozone headquarters. Guests will also be close to local events such as the Beale Street Music Festival.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn is proud to offer superior customer service and a convenient location in Memphis. Make a reservation today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast, includes boiled eggs and fresh waffles
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour three pieces of workout equipment available
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Express check out
- Late check out, up to 2:00 p.m. free of charge
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, 24 hours
- Fax services
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services, mail pick-up at front desk
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus gen x inn in Memphis.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus gen x inn in Memphis, Tennessee is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 35.139325 / Latitude: -90.022445
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Nashville. Follow Interstate 40 West to Interstate 240 South. Take Exit 30 - Madison Avenue. Make a left at light, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn will be on the right.
From: Mississippi. Come up on Interstate 55 North to Interstate 240 North. Take the exit for Union West, make a right on Pauline, right on Madison Avenue. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn will be on the right.
From: Little Rock, AR. Follow Interstate 40 East to Interstate 240 South and take Madison Avenue Exit. Make a left at light, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn will be on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Held the first weekend of May, the Beale Street Music Festival is a three-day celebration of local and legendary musicians held on Beale Street.
Kicking off the annual, month-long Memphis in May festival, the Beale Street Music Festival attracts over 100,00 attendees to downtown Memphis each year.
The Beale Street Music Festival features everything from jazz and blues to indie, rock, and country.
This Tenneneese music festival is set in the 25-acre Tom Lee Park, located along the banks of the Mississippi River.
Known locally as "The Grindhouse," the FedEx Forum in downtown Memphis has been the home hard-wood for the NBA's Memphis Grizzlies since 2004. The arena's interior is designed to pay homage to Memphis' musical history with murals and paintings located throughout the concourse.
Not only is the arena the proud home to an NBA franchise, but it also hosts a wide variety of annual events in western Tennessee. Some of which include large concerts and musicals, professional bull riding, NCAA men and women's tournament games, and Ultimate Fighting Championship events as well.
Travelers and history buffs make a beeline for Fort Pillow State Historic Park, an area steeped in archeological and military history. Overlooking the Tennessee side of the Mississippi River, this park features a museum covering the 1864 Battle of Fort Pillow, and several Civil War artifacts – including a canon.
Aside from its history, this 1,642-acre park is a designated Wildlife Observation Area, and remains a popular location for bird watching. A full-service picnic area with tables, grills, and nearby playground await visitors, so revel in history and natural beauty just north of Memphis.
Visitors may tour the mansion to see how Elvis lived, and view his stage costumes, photographs, videos, and personal mementos. During an audio-guided tour, visitors see Elvis' music room, TV room, living room, parent's bedroom, dining room, pool room, and Jungle Room.
The 14-acre estate also includes Elvis' trophy building, remodeled 1958 Convair 880 jet, the Elvis Presley Car Museum, the Elvis Presley: Fashion King exhibit, the Elvis Lives: The King & Pop Culture exhibit, and the Meditation Garden – where Elvis and other family members are laid to rest.
Aviation services has been present in the Memphis area since the 1950s. When the Memphis International Airport opened, the unpaved runway was used by American Airlines and Chicago & Southern Air Lines for commercial and air mail transportation. This joint civil-military airport was used by the United States Army Air Force Air Transport Command during World War II. The airport's four paved runways and three terminals encompass 3,900 acres of land in the southern corner of Tennessee.
It remains the global "SuperHub" for FedEx Express, is the fifth-largest hub for Delta Airlines, and a hub for Pinnacle Airlines, a subsidiary for Delta Airlines. In addition to general aviation services, several commercial airlines offer daily flights to Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Washington-National, Atlanta, Dallas/Fort Worth, and many other major cities in America. Flights to Toronto are also available via Air Canada Express.
Southwest Tennessee is home to Memphis, Tennessee also known as the River City, along the Mississippi River. Since 1993, the downtown Memphis Trolleys have provided a convenient and fun way to travel in the city.
The trolleys operate on three lines in the downtown area. The 2.5-mile section along Main Street offer stops in the historic South Main and Pinch districts, while the two-mile Riverfront Trolley provides the connection for the two Main Street lines. Over 800,000 people each year ride the trolleys, making it an very effective method of transportation.
The operator of the trolleys, Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA) allowed the use of authentic, historic trolleys built between 1909 and 1929 for the Memphis trolley lines. While in downtown, hitch a ride on one of these wonderful historic trolleys to visit museums, theaters, restaurants or shops.
Make your way to a piece of American music history on your next visit to Memphis. A icon of western Tennessee lore, Sun Studio is the famous recording studio owned and operated by pioneer Sam Philips.
Opened in 1950 under the name Memphis Recording Studio, Sun Studio's name grew from the combining of Sun Records.
In 2003, Sun Studio was added to both the National Register of Historic Places and the list of National Historic Landmarks.
Sun Studio famously hosted the recording of top artists like Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash. When you visit Sun Studio in Memphis, enjoy any of the daily guided tours – they start at 10:30 and depart at the bottom half of each hour until 5:30.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Sun Studio
- 1.00 mile(s) from Memphis Brooks Museum
- 1.30 mile(s) from AutoZone Park
- 1.50 mile(s) from Beale Street Historic District
- 1.50 mile(s) from FedEx Forum
- 1.50 mile(s) from Gibson Guitar
- 1.50 mile(s) from Pyramid Arena
- 1.80 mile(s) from Orpheum Theatre
- 1.80 mile(s) from Playhouse on the Square
- 1.90 mile(s) from Mud River Park
- 2.00 mile(s) from Memphis Cook Convention Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Memphis Zoo
- 2.00 mile(s) from Tom Lee Park, city park that straddles the Mississippi River
- 2.00 mile(s) from Overton Park, large city park in heart of midtown
- 2.20 mile(s) from Pink Palace Museum
- 2.50 mile(s) from AutoZone Liberty Bowl
- 2.50 mile(s) from Mid-South Fairgrounds
- 2.50 mile(s) from Peabody Place Museum
- 7.00 mile(s) from Theatre of Memphis
- 7.00 mile(s) from Elvis's Graceland
- 10.00 mile(s) from Memphis Motorsports Park
- 20.00 mile(s) from Tunica casinos
- 1.00 mile(s) from Peabody Place Retail & Entertainment Center
- 6.80 mile(s) from Oak Court
- 10.80 mile(s) from Southland Mall
- 15.00 mile(s) from Carriage Crossing, outdoor mall
- 15.50 mile(s) from Wolfchase Galleria
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 20.00 mile(s) from Millington
- 30.00 mile(s) from Tunica, MS
- 130 mile(s) from Little Rock, AR
- 200 mile(s) from Nashville
- 260 mile(s) from Jackson, MS
- 0.20 mile(s) from Veterans Administration
- 0.20 mile(s) from Methodist University Hospital, major urban hospital
- 0.20 mile(s) from Lumitex, eyewear research company
- 0.25 mile(s) from Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, major children's hospital
- 2.00 mile(s) from AutoZone, national auto parts headquarters
- 2.00 mile(s) from St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, worldwide research hospital
- 0.20 mile(s) from Southern College of Optometry
- 0.50 mile(s) from The University of Tennessee, medical school
- 0.50 mile(s) from Medical Education & Research Institute, ongoing doctor education
- 0.20 mile(s) from Tops Bar-B-Q, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from Bruno's Italian Restaurant, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Cupboard Restaurant, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Petra, Full Service, Greek, Open for: breakfast
- 1.00 mile(s) from Pei Wei, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Barksdale Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.10 mile(s) from India Palace, Bar/Lounge, Indian, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Bhan Thai, Full Service, Thai, Open for: lunch
- 1.50 mile(s) from Zinnie's East, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch
- 1.60 mile(s) from Blue Monkey, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.80 mile(s) from Golden India, Full Service, Indian, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.80 mile(s) from Bari Restaurant, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Butcher Shop Steakhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Memphis Pizza Cafe, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Huey's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.10 mile(s) from Molly Gonzales La Casita, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: breakfast
- 2.10 mile(s) from B.B King's Blues Club, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner
- 2.20 mile(s) from Blue Fin, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.70 mile(s) from On The Border, Bar/Lounge, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gen X Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Memphis. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Levitt Shell Free Concert Series
Throughout the summer, the historic Levitt Shell in Overton Park in midtown Memphis hosts 50 free concerts of varying genres – jazz, rock, pop, country, and more. Concert start times vary by day.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean