Best Western Knoxville Suites - Downtown
5317 Pratt Road, Knoxville, TN 37912-2706
Phone: 865/687-9922 | Fax: 865/687-1032 | 58 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to Best Western® Knoxville Suites-Downtown!
In Knoxville, Tennessee, there's an abundance of shopping, dining and sightseeing to be had, and it's easy to explore everything when staying at our Knoxville hotel.
Close to downtown Knoxville, guests at our Knoxville hotel enjoy genuine southern hospitality, comfortable bedding and rooms. All rooms are suites here, so there's plenty of space for an extended stay or vacationing families. Enjoy your private living area complete with the peace and quiet everyone deserves on a vacation.
With larger rooms, a free continental breakfast and a heated indoor pool, you'll feel right at home at our Knoxville hotel. Relax with a few laps after a full day of adventure, and rest assured you'll have all the space you need if you're in town for an extended business trip. The friendly staff members are always on hand to provide tips and recommendations, and to make your stay just a little more pleasant.
This hotel in Knoxville is close to the University of Tennessee, and we regularly welcome visiting faculty, professors, students and their families to our Knoxville hotel. Located right off I-75 and pet friendly, we go the extra mile for convenience. All rooms are non-smoking with comfortable beds and sofabeds. An interior corridor welcomes guests and ensures privacy.
The Convention Center and Neyland Stadium are also near Knoxville, TN hotels. If you're here for business, rest assured that your commute will be quick and easy. Our Knoxville, TN hotel is conveniently located near all major businesses, the convention center and the university, making it simple for guests to get to their next appointment, event or meeting.
Reserve a spacious suite at Best Western® Knoxville Suites-Downtown for a memorable trip!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast. Choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items.
- Indoor pool, heated
- Complimentary breakfast
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, Open from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold
- Late check, out until noon, upon request
- Business center
- Fax services
- Guest laundry facility, Guest Laundry on Site with a nominal fee of $3.00, open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Mail services
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machine
- Free parking, 24 hour
- Outdoor parking, 24 hour, free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Multilingual staff, American Sign Language Spanish
- Cable or satellite television, HBO®
- Free high-speed wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access.
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Physically challenged facilities, pool lift
- Parking for the physically challenged 24 hour, free
- Complimentary USA Today newspaper
- Complimentary coffee service, 24 hours
- $25.00 per room, late cancellation fee applies
- Motor coach parking available
Best Western Knoxville Suites - Downtown
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western knoxville suites - downtown in Knoxville.
Best Western Knoxville Suites - Downtown
Conveniently located, the best western knoxville suites - downtown in Knoxville, Tennessee is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.014095 / Latitude: -83.969195
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Interstate 75 South, to Exit 108, Merchant's Drive, turn left on Merchant's Drive, go straight to Cedar Lane, turn left on Pratt Road, the Best Western® Knoxville Suites-Downtown is on the left.
From: The south. Interstate 75 North, to Exit 108, Merchant's Drive, turn right on Merchant's Drive, go straight to Cedar Lane, turn left on Pratt Road, the Best Western® Knoxville Suites-Downtown is on the left.
From: The east. Interstate 40 West to Exit 393, Interstate 640 West, to Exit 3, Interstate 75 North, to Exit 108, Merchant's Drive. Turn right on Merchant's Drive, go straight to Cedar Lane, turn left on Pratt Road, the Best Western® Knoxville Suites-Downtown is on the left.
From: The west. Interstate 40 East to Exit 385, Interstate 640 East, to Exit 3, Interstate 75 North, to Exit 108, Merchant's Drive. Turn right on Merchant's Drive, go straight to Cedar Lane, turn left on Pratt Road, the Best Western® Knoxville Suites-Downtown is on the left.
From: Downtown Interstate 275 North, to Interstate 75 North, to Exit 108, Merchant's Drive. Turn right on Merchant's Drive, go straight to Cedar Lane, turn left on Pratt Road, the Best Western® Knoxville Suites-Downtown is on the left
Best Western Knoxville Suites - Downtown
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
One of Tennessee's most scenic parks, the Big South Fork National River & Recreation Area is a hub of historical landmarks and outdoor activities.
Stretched across 125,000 acres on eastern Tennessee's Cumberland Plateau, the park offers four-season outdoor activities, and shelters the historical Blue Heron Mining Community – which can be reached with the Big Fork South Scenic Railway.
World-class whitewater kayaking and canoeing await on the namesake Big South Fork of the Cumberland River. Scenic views of the surrounding mountains can be seen from more than 150 miles of hiking, mountain biking, and horseback trails – leading to landmarks like Angel Falls, Twin Arches, Needle Arch, and Slave Falls.
Established in 1851, Carson-Newman University is a private institution found in Jefferson City. A short drive from Knoxville, Carson-Newman University is a well-regarded school in eastern Tennessee. Originally known as the Mossy Creek Missionary Baptist Seminary, Carson-Newman University offers students degrees in 90 different programs.
In collegiate sports, the Carson-Newman Eagles participate in the South Atlantic Conference for football, golf, baseball, basketball, and tennis. Check out Roy Harmon Field at Burke-Tarr Stadium for Eagles' football games, while the McCown Soccer Field hosts men's and women's soccer matches.
Operated by the East Tennessee Historical Society, the East Tennessee History Center features the Museum of East Tennessee History – open daily in the Tennessee city of Knoxville. The center is also home to the McClung Historical Collection and the Knox County Archives.
Permanent exhibits include “The East Tennessee Streetscape” and “Voices of the Land: The People of East Tennessee” – showcasing the Cherokee Indians, Tennessee’s frontier days, Civil War, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, emergence of country music, and the Civil Rights movements.
Tennessee's 53rd state park, the Justin P. Wilson Cumberland Trail State Park is located in eastern Tennessee, just north of Knoxville. Cumberland Trail State Park features 150 miles of trail ready for exploration. Hikers trek the Tennessee River Gorge Segment in Prentice Cooper State Forest, and the Grassy Cove Segment on Black and Brady Mountain – among others.
Once the Cumberland Trail is completed, it will extend to 300 miles and pass through 11 Tennessee counties. The trail follows sections of the Cumberland Mountains, so be sure to bring your camera for the only "linear park" in Tennessee.
Located in downtown Knoxville, Tennessee, the Knoxville Visitor’s Center is a hub of information, entertainment, and art.
Knoxville Visitor’s Center allows visitors a peek into the culture of the city – with its own live music, recording studio, and gift shop featuring unique gifts found only in Knoxville.
Maps, brochures, and free parking are available to assist travelers on their way through the city’s many attractions. If you are new to the Knoxville area, or just passing through for the first time, the Visitor’s Center is the perfect place to stop for recommendations on local restaurants, shopping, and music venues in town.
The information desk is staffed with folks ready to show what southern hospitality is all about, and help you navigate Marble City.
The state of Tennessee is known for it's wide-reaching array of attractions. From the early American history to the legendary music-themed sites, you'll rarely ever be without something exciting to do. You can keep that trend alive during your next stay in Knoxville – head for Lindsey Nelson Stadium to watch the UT Volunteers play baseball.
Found on the souther ridge of the University of Tennessee campus, the Lindsey Nelson Stadium is a 4,283-seat baseball stadium – though locals will have you know the record attendance was 5,086. The Lindsey Nelson Stadium opened in 1993, and was renovated in 2010. It's named in honor of broadcasting legend and UT alum Lindsey Nelson.
Those looking to travel in the Knoxville, Tennessee area have a wonderful option outside of the city. Head south to Alcoa, to find the McGhee Tyson Airport, located west of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
The airport, named in honor of Charles McGhee Tyson, has provided aviation services for the area since 1927. This joint civil-military airport is the home base for the McGhee Tyson Air National Guard, for the 134th Air Refueling Wing. The I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center is also located on the Air Force Base.
Daily commercial flights are available via seven commercial airlines to many major U.S. cities including Orlando, Denver, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Detroit, Memphis, Fort Lauderdale, and New York. General aviation services are provided by TAC Air, the airport's fixed base operator.
While there are many premier and must-see attractions found throughout Tennessee, it's easy to argue one of the most desirable tickets in the land is Neyland Stadium. Head for eastern TN and stay in the charming and beautiful Knoxville, home of the Neyland Stadium, for exciting University of Tennessee football.
Opened in 1921, Neyland Stadium seats an impressive 102,455 fans after its most recent expansion in 2010. Originally known as Shields-Watkins Field, Neyland Stadium (pronounced Nee-Land) hosts all of the UT home football games. The UT football seasons kicks off each year in September and plays through the end of November.
Set along the Cumberland Plateau, the Obed Wild & Scenic River is located in eastern Tennessee – just northwest of Knoxville. Found between Interstate 40 and I-75, the Obed offers paddling, rock climbing, hiking, and bird watching.
Hikers at Obed enjoy Point Trail, Lilly Bluff Overlook Trail, Lilly Bridge Trail, Lilly Boulder Trail, and the Emory River Nature Trail. The Obed Wild & Scenic River Visitor Center is open daily in downtown Wartburg, and features exhibits, interpretive programs, and a bookstore.
A commemoration to American roots music, the annual Rhythm N’ Blooms Fest is held each spring in downtown Knoxville. Rhythm N’ Blooms Fest is held on the Bill Lyons Stage, the Square Room, Tennessee Theatre, the Knoxville Botanical Garden & Arboretum, and several locations in Knoxville.
Part of the yearly Dogwood Arts Festival – another spring Tennessee festival – the Rhythm N’ Blooms Fest features country, blues, jazz, rock, bluegrass, and folk musicians. Don’t miss other festival features like workshops, autograph sessions, and great food and shopping.
Constructed for the 1982 World's Fair, the Sunsphere is an iconic observation tower set in central Knoxville.
Found in eastern Tennessee, this 266-foot structure is located in World's Fair Park – open from 6 a.m. to midnight – along with the Tennessee Amphitheater.
Knoxville visitors need reach the Sunsphere's Observation Deck on the fourth level, or try dinner at the Icon Ultra Lounge on the fifth level. The observation deck is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. from April through October, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. November to March.
After the Sunsphere, don’t miss the World's Fair Park attractions like the Court of Flags Fountains, the Sergei Rachmaninoff Walk, or grab a seat on the Festival Lawn.
The official state theatre of Tennessee, the Tennessee Theatre opened its doors on October 1, 1928 in Knoxville, Tennessee. The theatre is home to the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra as well as the Knoxville Opera, plus movie screenings, concerts, and more performing arts. Over the years the theatre has undergone restorations and updates to equipment, as well as the building itself.
Known by many as "Knoxville's Grand Entertainment Palace," the theatre has been the premier place for entertainment since the late 1920s. In 1982 the Tennessee Theatre was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The theatre features the original Mighty Wurlitzer organ, a cornerstone of the theatre since its grand opening in 1928.
There will always be much to see and do during any visit to Tennessee. Plan your next trip to Knoxville and make it a point to check out the Thompson-Boling Arena. This multi-use venue is home to the University of Tennessee Volunteers men's and women's basketball, and the UT women's volleyball team.
You can find the Thompson-Boling Arena on the UT campus overlooking the impressive Tennessee River. Originally opened in 1987, the Thompson-Boling Arena was renovated in 2007, seats a maximum of 21,678, features a hardwood court and playing surface. This venue also hosts other events like concerts and professional wrestling.
With over 200 retail stores, Turkey Creek Shopping Center draws shoppers to Knoxville, Tennessee.
University of Tennessee Campus
Established in 1794, the University of Tennessee is the flagship school of the University of Tennessee System.
As you travel through eastern Tennessee, head for Knoxville and plan on exploring the nearly 560-acre campus. You'll find UT – as it's commonly referred – in between the Lee Highway and the Tennessee River.
Sporting their famous orange and white colors, the University of Tennessee fields 18 varsity-level teams across several different sports.
The UT Volunteers football team plays home games at Neyland Stadium, the Volunteers basketball teams play at the Thompson-Boling Arena, and the Volunteers baseball team plays at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.
Make your way to Knoxville and check out one of the area's premier sports-related attractions – the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. You can find this impressive destination near downtown Knoxville, only minutes from the University of Tennessee campus, along the James White Parkway and Hall of Fame Drive.
Opened in 1999, the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame honors both men and women who've in major ways contributed to the sport of women's basketball. Former University of Tennessee Lady Vols head coach Pat Summit was part of the inaugural class inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 5.00 mile(s) from Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
- 5.00 mile(s) from World's Fair Park, includes: the Sunsphere, the Tennessee Amphitheater and the East Tennessee Veteran's Memorial.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Knoxville Zoo
- 7.00 mile(s) from Volunteer Landing, home to the Star of Knoxville riverboat cruises, the Three Rivers Rambler excursion train, NavCal River Rides and the Volunteer Princess yacht cruises.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Knoxville Museum of Art
- 9.00 mile(s) from Knoxville Botanical Gardens
- 10.00. mile(s) from Ijams Nature Center
- 11.00 mile(s) from Chilhowee Park
- 5.00 mile(s) from Knoxville Convention Center
- 15.00 mile(s) from Museum of Appalachia
- 20.0 mile(s) from American Museum of Science and Energy, located in Oak Ridge
- 40.00 mile(s) from Dollywood®, located in Pigeon Forge
- 47.00 mile(s) from Ober Gatlinburg, ski resort and amusement park, located in Gatlinburg
- 48.00 mile(s) from Great Smoky Mountains National Park, located in Gatlinburg
- 55.0 mile(s) from Lost Sea, located in Sweetwater
- 5.00 mile(s) from Market Square District. Stores include: Bliss®, Bliss Home & Design®, Earth to Old City, Just Ripe, Rala, Reruns Boutique, Union Ave Books.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Northwest Crossing. Stores include: CATO, Dollar Tree®, GameStop®, GNC, h.h. gregg®, OfficeMax®, Ross Dress For Less®, SHOE SHOW, INC.®, Walmart® Supercenter.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Crown Pointe Plaza. Stores include: Target®, Kroger®, GB Shoes, rue 21.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Knoxville Center Mall
- 10.00 mile(s) from West Town Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 6.00 mile(s) from Neyland Stadium, home of the Volunteers football team
- 6.00 mile(s) from Thompson-Boling Arena, home of the Lady Volunteers basketball team
- 3.00 mile(s) from Tommy Schumpert Park, soccer, running, walking, dog park, disc golf, picnicking
- 3.00 mile(s) from Fountain City Skatepark, skateboarding and bmx trick biking
- 10.00 mile(s) from Three Ridges, golfing
- 5.00 mile(s) from Civic Coliseum & Auditorium, home to the Ice Bears hockey and Hard Knox Roller Girls roller derby teams.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Ashley Nicole's Dream Playground, 100% totally accessible
- 6.00 mile(s) from Beaver Brook Country Club, golfing
- 7.00 mile(s) from Outdoor Knoxville Adventure
- 10.00 mile(s) from Urban Wilderness, mountain biking, hiking, running
- 15.00 mile(s) from I.C. King Park, boating, fishing, hiking, mountain biking
- 13.00 mile(s) from Zuma Fun Center
- 16.00 mile(s) from JumpJam, indoor trampoline park
- 13.00 mile(s) from Battlefield Knoxville, laser tag, video gaming
- 21.0 mile(s) from Norris Dam State Park, fishing, camping, picnicking, boating, hiking, tennis, basketball, volleyball, playground
- 115 mile(s) from Bristol Motor Speedway
- Across the street from Puleo's Grille, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner. Award-winning local favorite. Hours are: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. AND Friday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- 0.05 mile(s) from Applebee's®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: Monday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Friday -Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. AND Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Adjacent to O'Charley's®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Monday - Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. AND Friday - Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Across the street from El Chico Cafe, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner.
- Adjacent to Waffle House®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. 24 hours.
- 0.60 mile(s) from Mandarin House, buffet, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 0.60 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. AND Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 0.60 mile(s) from Red Lobster®, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. AND Friday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- 0.60 mile(s) from IHOP®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. 24 hours
- 0.10 mile(s) from Hooter's®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 0.15 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday - Thursday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. AND Friday & Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Asia Cafe, cafe, International, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. AND Friday & Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- 0.70 mile(s) from Quaker Steak & Lube®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. AND Friday & Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- 0.90 mile(s) from Austin's Steak & Buffet, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. AND Friday & Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- 0.60 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. 24 hours
- 0.60 mile(s) from Burger King®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 0.60 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. AND Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Taco Bell®, fast food, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Hours are: Sunday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. AND Friday & Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.
- 0.05 mile(s) from Monterrey Mexican, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner.
Best Western Knoxville Suites - Downtown
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Knoxville. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean